Greenovations aims to set up a framework that brings together actors and stakeholders of the green innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem in Africa to identify and ideate solutions, organize, and support innovators and entrepreneurs, with a focus on women and youth.
The project seeks to galvanize women and youth-led green entrepreneurship in Africa by providing the necessary support for business sustainability and growth, brokering relations between women and youth green innovators and potential investors, and by helping to set up conducive business environments and regulatory frameworks through actionable policy recommendations.
- 100k USD seed funds
- 30 green innovators supported
- +50% women innovators
- +125 hubs across Africa engaged
- +1M USD project
- 54 African countries
- Mapping of the green innovation space into 5 focus sectors (smart agriculture, climate action, renewable energy, water mgt, waste mgt)
- Conduct an incubation programme and match seed funds to innovators after the programme
- Develop an online community of practice for green innovations ecosystem on the continent
- Source funding and investment opportunities for the green sector by developing a research based framework for the ecosystem
- Work toward reduction of the gender gap in the innovation ecosystem by developing frameworks that gender equity complaint