This is an open call for interested women in west and southern Africa to be a part of the electoral committee to enable regional and gender representation as well as provide the necessary experiential support towards ensuring a free and fair election.
This year, with the adoption of the new constitution, 8 board positions are up for election which means more demand on the committee to carry out the responsibilities below;
- Overseeing all tasks carried out throughout the elections period
- The final approval of election plans and bye-laws laws
- The review of nominee submissions, and approval/reject the invitations to apply for a board position
- The review of candidate applications and provide a final verdict for approval/rejection following election guidelines
- Setting the guidelines for the campaigns of candidates
- Offering necessary advice and support for a free and fair election
- Anchoring alongside an existing board member, the election and also declaring the winners based on votes.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must;
- Be an active member of the network for at least 1 year
- Be a hub Manager or on the Management team of the hub
- Be willing to dedicate their time and expertise toward the success of the election
- Not intend to run for any board position for this year (2023)
Having electoral experience will be an added advantage.
To send in your application please click on the link; Bit.ly/3tt9fuv